This time it happened in Brno, the second largest city in Czech Republic, but at least for this week it was the funniest! Only possible thanks to Pavel, who led us through Brno! Thank You!
It had a quite troubled start, with the Portuguese members (me included) ending up by missing the plane due to issues with the airlines company (which suspended their operations since Sept. 1st). We made it anyway, missing the first day.
Regarding Mobicents, the 2009 achievements were quite amazing:
- Mobicents SIP Servlets, Mobicents Diameter and Mobicents Media Server became GA.
- Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x had it's first version, BETA1, which was certified for JAIN SLEE 1.1 (JSR 240), being the first besides the specs leader, and still the only open source.
Although all this being accomplished, there's still much more to work on, and a lot of new projects to stabilize. One of the hottest topics was the High-Availability across all these servers, which as you can understand is not a trivial subject and had a quite intense discussion.
On my side, I made a presentation regarding Diameter (available here), the main project where I'm involved. For the achievements of 2009, we have highlighted the following:
- Integration with Mobicents SIP Servlets;
- Sh-Client/Server Application support (3GPP TS 29.328 & TS 29.329);
- Credit Control Application support (RFC 4006);
- Ro/Rf Application support (3GPP TS 32.225 & TS 32.299);
- Cx/Dx Application support (3GPP TS 29.228 & TS 29.229)
- Management Console (cross-server);
- NAT (STUN/TURN/ICE) support;
- WebServices support;
- IMS Applications prototypes (HSS/x-CSCF)
And the team warming up for dinner (Pavel is missing and I'm taking the picture):
Cheers for Mobicents team and hope for another successful year!