But if an image worths more than 1.000 words, how many words can a video worth? :) Hopefully, a lot, because I've just recorded one that I hope it helps to better understand how it should be done.
Still, I will point the main actions to be executed and the time they occur at the video, for faster reference.
Here it is, right from the Mobicents Channel @ Vimeo:
Installing Jopr/RHQ and Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x Plugin (click to watch in HD)
- [00:00] Download RHQ Server from http://www.rhq-project.org/ and Unzip rhq-server-3.0.0.zip to any directory of your choice;
- [00:50] In a terminal, go to "rhq-server-3.0.0/bin" inside the extracted folder and run "rhq-server.[bat|sh] console", depending on your OS;
- [01:30] Go to http://127.0.0.1:7080/ and install the server (don't forget to select your database);
- [03:15] Login with default credentials (rhqadmin/rhqadmin), go to Downloads and Download the "Agent Installer";
- [04:00] In a new terminal, go to the directory where the Agent Installer was downloaded and issue the command "java -jar rhq-enterprise-agent-3.0.0.jar --install" to install it;
- [04:35] In the same terminal go to rhq-agent/bin (where it was installed) and run "rhq-agent.[bat|sh] --clean" (use --clean to make sure you will use a fresh configuration). Default values should be fine;
- [05:30] In the web interface, go to Administration > System Configuration > Plugins, click "Add" and browse to the Mobicents JAIN SLEE / Diameter Plugin location and click "Upload". When done, click "Scan for Updates";
- [07:45] If not yet running, start yout JAIN SLEE / Diameter Server;
- [09:30] In the RHQ Agent terminal, issue "plugins update" to update the agent plugins (download the JAIN SLEE / Diameter plugin to the agent);
- [11:10] Now that the plugins are updated, and with the JAIN SLEE / Diameter Server running, in the Agent terminal issue the "discovery" command to find new resources;
- [11:35] In the web interface, go to Overview > Auto Discovery Queue, locate the Server, check it and click "Import"
- [12:45] Still at the webpage, head to Resources > Servers. Click on the server entry to manage it. Enjoy!